Supplementary Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates into the School of Foundation Studies, University of Lagos for the 2023/2024 Academic Session. Highly successful candidates after an approved examination administered by the Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB), are eligible for consideration for Direct Entry admission into the 200 Level of the Degree Programmes of the University through JAMB (Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board).
The School of Foundation Studies will provide an intensive one-year programme teaching subjects in line with JUPEB syllabus for admission according to the following subject combination groupings:
S/N SUBJECT COMBINATION DESIGNATION
1. CRS/IRS – Music – Visual Arts SFS01
2. CRS/IRS – French – Literature in English SFS02
3. CRS/IRS – Igbo/Yoruba – Literature in English SFS03
4. CRS/IRS – History – Literature in English SFS04
5. CRS/IRS – Music – Literature in English SFS05
6. Economics – History – Literature in English SFS06
7. CRS/IRS – Igbo/Yoruba – Visual Arts SFS07
8. CRS/IRS – History – Visual Arts SFS08
9. CRS/IRS – Government – Visual Arts SFS09
10. CRS/IRS – Government – Music SFS10
11. CRS/IRS – Government – Igbo/Yoruba SFS11
12. CRS/IRS – Economics – Government SFS12
13. CRS/IRS – French – Government SFS13
14. Literature – Government – French SFS14
15. CRS/IRS – Government – Literature in English SFS15
16. Literature In English – Music – Visual Arts SFS16
17. French – Igbo/Yoruba – Literature in English SFS17
18. Government – Music – Visual Arts SFS18
19. Economics – Government – Literature in English SFS19
20. Business Studies – Economics – Mathematics SFS20
21. Government – Music – Literature in English SFS21
22. Accounting – Business Studies – Economics SFS22
23. Accounting – Economics – Geography SFS23
24. Accounting – Economics – Government SFS24
25. Business Studies – Economics – Government SFS25
26. Business Studies – Economics – Geography SFS26
27. Economics – Geography – Government SFS27
28. Biology – Chemistry – Physics SFS28
29. Biology – Mathematics – Physics SFS29
30. Biology – Economics – Government SFS30
31. Biology – Chemistry – Mathematics SFS31
32. Biology – Chemistry – Economics SFS32
33. Chemistry – Physics – Mathematics SFS33
34. Chemistry – Economics – Mathematics SFS34
35. Economics – Mathematics – Physics SFS35
36. Mathematics – Physics – Visual Arts SFS36
37. Mathematics – Economics – Geography SFS37
38. Mathematics – Geography – Physics SFS38
39. Mathematics – Economics – Government SFS39
A minimum of FIVE credits (English Language, Mathematics and three relevant subjects) obtained at one sitting at the SSCE/WASSCE, GCE/O/L, NECO with results obtained before registration.
Procedure for completing the School of Foundation Studies e-application form:
- Visit the School of Foundation Studies application site on applications.unilag.edu.ng.
- On the prospective student’s menu, click on the School of Foundation Studies.
- Go through the information on subject combinations relevant to your proposed choice of course of study for Direct Entry admission. Please note that changes have been made on the previous combinations.
- Complete the Pre-Application Form to obtain a payment reference number (PRN) using the correct applicant’s names as obtained in the birth certificate and other relevant documents.
- Make payment at any Commercial bank in Nigeria with the payment reference number (PRN)
- Cost of Application Form excluding Bank Charges) is N25, 000.00 (non-refundable).
- Return to the applications site on applications.unilag.edu.ng.
- Log in with PRN as username and applicant’s surname in lowercase as password.
- Complete the application form and print two copies for yourself.
- Examination pass will be available online a week before the examination date. Print a copy for yourself.
N.B: Please read the information on the subject combination relevant to your course of study before completing the application forms online
- The Application opens on Friday, October 06, 2023 and closes on Friday, October 13, 2023.
- The entrance examination shall hold on Saturday, 14, October 2023 at the Distance Learning Institute (DLI) in the University of Lagos.
Mode of Examination: Computer-Based Testing.
· All Questions are Multiple Choice
· Examination subjects are: Mathematics, English Language (20 questions each) and 3 other relevant subjects according to the candidate’s choice of subject combination (15 questions each), making a total of 85 questions, to be answered in one (1) hour. Please note that candidates with Mathematics as one of the three subject combinations would need to choose Further Mathematics as a subject in the entrance examination combination.