UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS IN PARTNERSHIP WITH UNIVERSITY OF BEDFORDSHIRE, UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL LANCASHIRE, UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST OF ENGLAND, DE MONTFORT UNIVERSITY, LEICESTER, UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM, UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINHAM, UNIVERSITY OF SURREY, UNIVERSITY OF SALFORD, SOUTHAMPTHON, UNITED KINGDOM; UNIVERSITY OF ABEERDEEN, UNIVERSITY OF DUNDEE, SCOTLAND AND SOOCHOW UNIVERSITY, SUZHOU P.R. CHINA
SUPPLEMENTARY ADMISSION INTO SCHOOL OF FOUNDATION STUDIES (FORMERLY FOUNDATION PROGRAMMES) 2021/2022 SESSION
Supplementary Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates into the School of Foundation Studies, University of Lagos for the 2021/2022 Academic Session. Highly successful candidates after an approved examination administered by the Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB), are eligible for consideration for Direct Entry admission into the 200 Level of the Degree Programmes of the University through JAMB (Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board), or admission into the University of Bedfordshire, University of Central Lancashire, University of the West of England, De Montfort University, Leicester, University of Birmingham, (UK)University of Aberdeen, Scotland, University of Dundee, Scotland and Soochow University, China.
Please note that the programme does not currently have facilities for the visually impaired and is strictly a non-residential programme.
The School of Foundation Studies will provide an intensive one-year programme teaching subjects in line with JUPEB syllabus.
A minimum of FIVE credits (English Language, Mathematics and three relevant subjects) obtained at one sitting at the SSCE/WASSC, GCE/O/L, NECO with results obtained before registration.
PROCEDURE FOR COMPLETING THE SCHOOL OF FOUNDATION STUDIES e- APPLICATION FORM:
- Visit the School of Foundation Studies application site on applications.unilag.edu.ng.
- On the prospective student’s menu, click on the School of Foundation Studies.
- Go through the information on subject combinations relevant to your proposed choice of course of study for Direct Entry admission. Please note that changes have been made on the previous combinations.
- Complete the Pre-Application Form to obtain a payment reference number (PRN) using the correct applicant’s names as obtained in the birth certificate and other relevant documents.
- Make payment at any Commercial bank in Nigeria with the payment reference number (PRN)
Cost of Application Form (including on line practice tests, excluding Bank Charges) is N25,000.00 (non-refundable).
- Return to the applications site on applications.unilag.edu.ng.
Log in with PRN as username and applicant’s surname in lowercase as password.
- Complete the application form and print two copies for yourself.
Examination pass will be available online a week before the examination date. Print a copy for yourself.
- Practice questions will be available online a week before the examination date (log in with your application number as username and surname in small caps as password.
N.B: Please read the information on the subject combination relevant to your course of study before completing the application forms online.
- The Application opens on Thursday, October 14, 2021 and closes on Friday, November 19, 2021.
- Examination Dates: To be Communicated to all Applicants.
- Mode of Examination: Computer-Based Testing (Please check the UNILAG Website a week before examination to verify your examination date).
- All Questions are Multiple Choice.
- Examination subjects are: Mathematics, English Language (20 questions each) and 3 other relevant subjects according to candidate’s choice of subject combination (15 questions each), making a total of 85 questions to be answered in one (1) hour. Please note that candidates with Mathematics as one of the three subject combination would need to choose Further Mathematics as a subject in the entrance examination combination.
- The examination will be online according to the schedule on the Examination Pass.
- Results: Results and merit admission will be released on the University website.